Tough-Seal is the KEY material for the electronic encapsulation of sensitive electrical components requiring premium thermal cycling performance, excellent thermal shock resistance, and outstanding environmental and corrosion protection.
- Tough-Seal bonds exceptionally well to the walls of most plastic and metallic housings, frames and shells and stays in place without pull back during environmental exposure.
- Tough-Seal has specific and aggressive aluminium adhesion. Specifying engineers love Tough-Seal on aluminum housings when standard potting compounds crack, pull away, or disbond.
- For connectors, Tough-Seal adheres and seals to wire insulation and metal contacts and receptacles.
- It is soft enough to deliver a resilient and durable potting but firm enough to lock down receptacles so they are not prone to push back upon plug insertion.
- Tough-Seal is also now available in a higher viscosity formulation for glob-top encapsulating, allowing for localized potting and protection of vulnerable microelectronic components from environmental, mechanical & electrical damage.
Tough-Seal provides a unique combination of KEY properties not commonly found in just one potting compound.
If you use urethanes, Tough-Seal can extend your service temperature with an isocyanate-free solution that is not moisture sensitive.
If you use silicones, Tough-Seal offers a cost effective, non-silicone option with a friendly ratio and faster cure.
If you use epoxy, which is hard and rigid, Tough-Seal is an upgraded technology with exceptional flexibility that can withstand a wide range of service temperatures. With minimal exotherm, low shrinkage, and minimal expansion and contraction with temperature changes, Tough-Seal delivers low embedment stress, and outstanding thermal cycling performance.
Is Tough-Seal Right for Your Application?
Call Key Polymer now to find out, or order a kit & see for yourself.
The physical, electrical, thermal and mechanical properties of all the Tough-Seal formulation can be compare below. These values are typical measurements and are provided as guide for specifying engineers. These values are not intended to be specifications.
Would you prefer to discuss your application with Tough-Seal Technical Service? Email our team or call (888) KEY-POLY.